December 8, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
3rd Floor, Chautauqua County Courthouse
215 N. Chautauqua
Sedan, Kansas 67361
INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2015 SALE
The law regarding a tax foreclosure sale is found in K.S.A. 79-2801 et seq. You may research the statutes from the Kansas Secretary of State’s website:
1) All bidders mustregister and obtain a number to be used during the auction. At least one form of photo ID must beprovided.
2) Terms of thesale: Cash. First party personal checks made payable to ChautauquaCounty District Court will be accepted. All checks will be deposited immediately by the Sheriff following thesale and are expected to be honored upon presentation.
3) Property will besold to and a deed issued to the purchaser as registered.
4) At the request ofthe purchaser, the deed will be prepared in joint tenancy with the purchaserand a spouse; however, not between the purchaser and a second party other thana spouse.
5) No bidder mayparticipate in the purchase of any property in which the bidder has an interestin the property as owner or holder of the record title, his or her heirs,devisees, executors, administrators or assigns; nor can any person bid onproperty on behalf of another who holds such an interest. The successful bidder will be required toswear or affirm to his or her eligibility to purchase the property. A false swearing or affirmation mayconstitute a felony offense.
6) With respect tothe property offered for sale; all taxes, interest and charges due through thesecond half of the 2015 tax year and prior years will be shown as paid upon theChautauqua County Treasurer’s tax rolls following the sale. The purchaser will be responsible for 2016forward and specials when due, as determined by the Chautauqua CountyTreasurer.
7) The purchaserwill receive a Sheriff’s Deed.
8) A $12.00 fee forthe first page, $8.00 for every page after, made payable to Register of Deedswill be collected from each successful purchaser to be applied on the recordingfee. Your deed (or deeds) will be fileddirectly with the Register of Deeds on your behalf. After recording, the original deed will beforwarded to you at the address you provide at the registration desk.
9) NeitherChautauqua County, Kansas, the Sheriff, nor any of their agents, may make anyrepresentation concerning the value, quality, condition or potential ofproperty sold. The purchaser should makeany such determination independently of these proceedings after consultationwith independent counsel.
10) The Board ofCounty Commissioners will not furnish any abstract of title; any commitments toinsure from any title insurance company; nor will the Board of CountyCommissioners furnish any title evidence.
11) All property isoffered for sale “where is” and “as is” and without recourse against ChautauquaCounty Kansas. The Board of CountyCommissioners of Chautauqua County Kansas will not guarantee nor make anywarranties, express or implied, as to the validity of marketable title, orcondition of any of the property or its fitness for any use or purpose. Any expense involved in perfecting title orobtaining title evidence or title insurance shall be the responsibility of thepurchaser.
12) All purchasersare advised to consult with independent counsel prior to making any bid on thisproperty. Counsel for the Board ofCounty Commissioners cannot give any purchaser legal advice concerning theseproceedings.
13) No person whocurrently owes delinquent personal property taxes or special assessments maybid and/or purchase property at a County Tax Foreclosure Sale.
14) Properties may beremoved from the sale list any time prior to auction.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERSOF CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY, KANSAS
(parcels may be researched on our Property Information Site http://jade.kgs.ku.edu/orka2/IntroPage.aspx